Buying A Motorcycle
Riding Like A Rebel, Insured Like A Responsible Adult
After a long winter, you can’t wait to get on your motorcycle. You’ve been itching for a nice long ride.
Is it time to revisit your Motorcycle Insurance? Or if you just bought your first bike, you want to make sure that you’ve got the right insurance for the right price.
Make sure you’re protected. Call the experts at Secure Insurance Solutions. We’ll get you a no-obligation quote, give you advice and answer these questions:
- Is my motorcycle covered under my Auto Insurance?
- What’s the most important coverage on my Motorcycle Insurance policy?
- How can I get a discount on my motorcycle policy?
- What about insurance for mopeds, scooters or ATV’s?
Is My Motorcycle Covered Under My Auto Insurance?
You’re ready to take out the bike that you and your friend fixed up, but don’t head out on the road without Motorcycle Insurance.
Your Auto Insurance policy does not cover your motorcycle and it doesn’t give you liability coverage if you hurt someone or damage their property.
Your car insurance and your motorcycle are completely separate, and will absolutely not apply for each other.
Call your Secure Insurance Solutions broker right away and make sure your motorcycle is covered before you take it out on the road.
What’s The Most Important Coverage On Your Motorcycle Insurance Policy?
Motorcycle accidents are usually fatal. But there are lots of instances with broken bones and concussions. As you start looking for a Motorcycle Insurance policy, remember that like any product, cheaper isn’t always better. It was true for your bike and it’s true for the coverage you need.
In Ontario you must have the following coverages:
- Accident Benefits
- Uninsured Automobile
- Direct Compensation Property Damage
These are very important coverages. You can also purchase additional insurance for loss or damage to the motorcycle, as well as Optional Increased Accident Benefits.
How Can I Get A Discount On My Motorcycle Policy?
You’re likely wondering if you can get discounts on your Motorcycle Insurance policy.
At Secure Insurance Solutions, we will also shop around for the best rate for the best coverage, but we can also look for a variety of discounts that you can apply for. Here are a few of them:
- Homeowner Discount: If you own your home, you qualify for this discount. Why? Because insurance companies assume that if you own a home, you are a responsible person. Responsible people are responsible drivers (or riders) and deserve a discount.
- Multi-Policy Discount: If you have more than one policy with one company, you may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Multi-Bike Discount: If you own more than one bike you may qualify for this discount.
- Seniors Discount: Because of your years of experience, you’re considered a safer driver on a motorcycle and therefore less of a risk to the insurer.
- Renewals Discount: If you’ve insured your motorcycle with the same company with little or no claims, you could be eligible for a Renewals Discount.
- Club Discount: Some insurance companies provide a discount to those riders who belong to a motorcycle association such as Canadian Motorcycle Association, Canadian Motorcycle Guide Riders Club or the Gold Wing Riders Association.
Insurance companies also judge you on your motorcycle type and brand, its engine, level of customization and the number of kilometres. Keep these factors in mind when you’re buying a motorcycle so that you’re not surprised when you call your insurance broker.
Don’t forget, before you purchase your motorcycle, call Secure Insurance Solutions so you have the information you need before you buy.
Would I Get Motorcycle Insurance For A Moped Or Scooter?
You’re trying to think of ways to save some money on gas for short trips around time. Or maybe your son wants to boot around town on a moped. How do you insure a moped or a scooter? Would Motorcycle Insurance cover those as well?
Yes! Mopeds and scooters, whether electric- or gasoline-powered can be insured on a motorcycle policy. All the same discounts and options apply too.
If you’re thinking about your ATV on the other hand, it does not have coverage with a Motorcycle Insurance policy. If you only ever drive your ATV on your own property, it may be covered under your Homeowners Insurance. But if you take it off your property or on public roads, then you need ATV Insurance. Same goes with your snowmobile.
Whatever your insurance need is, at Secure Insurance Solutions, we have you covered. Contact us today for a no-obligation quote. We can help with any of it. Just give us a call 1-800-665-3259.