Ontario Tenant Insurance

You’re not covered under your landlord’s insurance in Ontario. You need renters insurance to protect your belongings from theft, vandalism, fire and falling objects.

Some landlords require you to purchase renter insurance before you rent or lease an apartment or house. That’s because they know that their insurance only covers the physical building you’re living in, but not your stuff in it.

Rental Insurance Protects You And Your Belongings

Say the place you’re renting burns down — your renters insurance will also help you with temporary housing and liability protection for you and the others living with you. It can also help protect you in case of a liability lawsuit where you’re held responsible for:

Injury to another person

Damage to another person’s property (whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or somewhere else)
Your tenant insurance will also make sure that you can replace all your belongings and valuables if they’re destroyed or stolen.

At Secure Insurance Solutions we can help you understand your renters insurance options and we’ll help you choose the best policy.

What’s Covered In Tenant Insurance?

What if you had to replace everything you own? Where would you go if your apartment burned down? Rental Insurance will cover virtually all of this.

Most policies provide coverage for electronic goods and equipment, small appliances, sports equipment, cameras and photography equipment, furniture, clothing, glassware and china, and books. With extended protection on your renters insurance you can also cover your computers, jewelry, furs, and watercraft.

Get Your Free Tenant Insurance Quote Today!

Over 35% of Canadian renters under the age of 35 don’t have renters insurance. Make sure you’re not just a statistic and get a free quote today when you click on our Free Quote request button. One of professional brokers at Secure Insurance Solutions will get you the best possible quote for renter insurance in a day.