Protect Yourself From Customer Injury Claims
What you’ll discover in this report:
- Trends in the health and fitness club industry
- Coverages for your health and fitness club
- How an experienced health and fitness club insurer can help you
You have the forms ready to fill out for any new members. Every customer signs the waiver absolving your business from blame for any injuries that they incur while in your facility. Yet lawsuits still happen.
Thankfully, it’s rare. But make sure that you have an insurance broker that understands your industry. Secure Insurance Solutions can give you an insurance program customized to your business so that your business is protected.
Health And Fitness Club Business Trends
Through the recession over the past couple years, we saw slow growth in memberships across Canada. But according to IBISWorld’s Gym, Health & Fitness Clubs market research report, in the next five years the industry will see increased youth and baby-boomer memberships. This $2 billion revenue maker will continue to grow.
More companies are subsidizing employee health club memberships as part of their benefits because they see the value in helping their employees stay healthy. And we’re seeing more people join health clubs, including children because of the public worries of rising obesity rates.
As a health and fitness business owner this is good news for you. But with higher numbers of people, and some that aren’t usually active, the risk for injuries becomes higher. That’s where insurance comes in.
We’ll make sure your health and fitness club, the owners and your health club members are all fully protected.
Insurance For Your Health And Fitness Business
At Secure Insurance Solutions, we’ll help you to consider many important coverages, such as:
- General Liability
- Comprehensive General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Special Events coverage outside the club is included for the entity and professional instructors or consultants Personal Injury Liability
- Coverage for contracted professionals for additional premium
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Coverage for tanning
- Liquor Liability coverage
- Abuse or Molestation coverage
- Professional Liability
- Health and Fitness Professional Liability coverage
- Coverage for the entity and employed professionals including lifeguards, racket sports instructors, aerobic & fitness instructors
- Blanket limits with large in-house capacity
- Special Causes of Loss coverage on buildings, contents, business income and extra expense
- Coverage including property of customers in your care, custody or control
- Coverage for outdoor pools and court surfaces
- Signs (attached or unattached)
- Precious metals, including trophies
- Business income and extra expense
- Pollutant clean–up and removal
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Ask about our available umbrella coverage limits!
- Owned auto
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Hired car physical damage
- Rental Reimbursement for private passenger vehicles
- Crime and Fidelity
- Theft, Disappearance and Destruction
- Forgery or Alteration
- Employee Dishonesty
You Need An Experienced Health And Fitness Facility Insurer
Our Secure Insurance Solutions Group brokers will review your club, customer base and exposures to customize a comprehensive protection plan to suit your business.
Contact us today at 1-800-665-3259. We’ll show you how we can help protect you against potential losses. See how we can get you in an insurance “fitness” program to protect and enhance your health club for many years to come.