The freedom of the open road, but are you protected?
You and your spouse always talked about retiring and seeing the country in a RV. You can head to a new place every day if you want, or spend a couple of days in a breathtaking spot you found by accident. It's freedom, and a dream come true.
You want to make sure that you continue that feeling of freedom by making sure that you have no financial worries to spoil the trip. A good RV Insurance plan can help give you that peace of mind and really enjoy the adventure.
Your RV isn't just any vehicle. It's your home on wheels. Your Secure Insurance Solutions broker can give you the information you need about a customized RV Insurance plan and get you a reasonable quote.
We can help you answer your important questions, like:
- Can my RV be covered under my Auto Insurance policy?
- What does a RV Insurance policy cover?
- Does my RV Insurance cover me outside Canada?
- My friends and I bought an RV together. Can we get an RV Insurance plan that covers all of us?
It'd be great if my RV was just covered under my Auto Insurance policy
This vacation home on wheels means you're not stuck in one spot. And you decided to splurge on the extras.
Would your Auto Insurance policy really give you the coverage you need? You don't leave valuables in your car and all the extras like you do in your RV. If something happened and you didn't have RV Insurance would it all be covered?
You want to make sure that you have the best protection for your new purchase. That's why we strongly recommend a stand-along RV Insurance policy. It gives you the broad coverage you need.
One of the biggest advantages of stand-alone RV Insurance is that it offers “replacement coverage” while your auto policy will only cover your RV for “actual cash value”.
What does that really mean? Well, if your RV is totaled while insured with a RV Insurance policy, your insurance pays the cost to replace your RV. RVs are bigger and more expensive to repair, and you keep a lot of your stuff in them.
Your Secure Insurance Solutions broker will go through all the options and customize a plan that best protects you so that you get the most of your hard-earned money.
You get full coverage with RV Insurance
You want to protect your new investment. Here's what you get with RV Insurance:
- Public Liability: This covers legal responsibility to others for property damage or sustained injuries.
- Medical Coverage: This coverage pays for the cost of rehabilitation and treating for injuries.
- Comprehensive / Collision Coverage: Your policy pays for theft or damage to your RV.
We strongly suggest that you purchase RV Insurance and don't just depend on a special endorsement on your Auto Insurance. The reason why? Because in addition to the coverages above, RV Insurance provides extra coverage that applies specifically to the size and exposure of an RV:
- Roadside Assistance: If your RV breaks down and needs to be towed, it's expensive – this is a lot bigger than a car. It likely requires a semi-truck to be towed, which can cost you a lot more money. Your RV policy is customized to cover bigger expenses for Roadside Assistance and towing.
- Emergency Expense: This coverage is automatically included with Comprehensive / Collision coverage.
Does my insurance cover me outside Canada?
Some companies extend your coverage throughout Canada and the continental U.S. Contact your Secure Insurance Solutions broker to make sure that you're fully covered before you cross the border in your RV.
We co-own our RV, how does insurance work?
As long-time friends you thought that travelling together across the company would be a great way for the two couples to enjoy your retirement. On your own you don't have enough to buy the RV you want, but another couple's interested in sharing the cost with you and your spouse.
Lots of people thinking about making a big purchase like this together. It relieves the financial stress. As you become more serious about making this investment with your friends, you're probably wondering about insuring this shared investment.
The experts at Secure Insurance Solutions can let you know about the RV Insurance programs that specialize in protection plans for a number of co-owners. We'll help you customize a plan that works for all of you, while giving you the protection you need.